- Research family members who served during the First World War with the help of the Australian War Memorial’s collections and online resources.
- Search for a name on the Roll of Honor at the Australian War Memorial.
- Visit the Anzac Memorial in Hyde Park, Sydney. This is the principal state war memorial in NSW dedicated to all Australians who served their country in war.
- Locate and visit your local war memorial. Each one is unique and together they represent a significant heritage resource.
- Identify and register a local war memorial. War memorials range from simple memorial plaques to grand monuments.
- Source photos and records from your local historical association.
- Mapping our Anzacs is a tool by the National Archives of Australia that allows you to browse 375,971 records of service in the Australian Army during the First World War according to the person’s place of birth or enlistment.
- Read the Community Commemoration Guide to start planning your NSW Centenary of Anzac local community commemoration.